Welcome to my DIY Wedding & Reception

We are having a simple Justice of the Peace ceremony & later having the Big Reception! We have changed our minds and are now going for a Western style Wedding, but I'm leaving the beach theme wedding posts on here.
All ideas are Welcomed, as I'm kind of a DIY kind of person & can't see pouring tons of money into just one day of our lives, when we have so many years ahead of us (God Willing). We are both Christian. He's Latino & I'm a lil bit of everything, mostly white. We want to cultivate both of our customs into our reception. Please feel free to browse & leave a note of advice! Thanks!

A Walk in my Boots.....

The Big Day

We all want our Wedding Day to be Extra Special, that is just a given, but how do we get there? What are the steps to achieving our Dream Wedding & being able to afford it, without debt.
1st We need to think of where we are willing to Splurge our funds & where we would like to scrimp.
2nd How do we pull this off?
3rd What can we do ourselves, our friends & family do (Do NOT include jealous people!) & our fiancee do? Who do we know that may be in a business that could help us? Networking!!!
4th Where do we start?
I've been researching for about 11 months & I have a good grasp on things. I want to Share what I've learned & want more ideas, too. We can help each other!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flower Girl Basket DIY Western Theme

 I'm making my beautiful daughter's flower girl basket. I bought a plain white, wicker basket at a second hand store for $0.15! Great bargain! I'm going to cover it with ribbon in blue & pink (our wedding colors). Then to add some Western charm to it, I'm hand making some cowboy hats, boots & horseshoes out of polymer clay & attaching them with craft glue.
 I browsed the internet trying to find cheap Western charms and the best I could find were at $9.00 each and that wasn't a possibility for our budget, so I decided hand made charms were best. You could buy plastic farm animals, too.
 Polymer clay is easy to work with & usually costs around $1.25 for a 2 oz block. It comes in many colors, too or you could blend two colors together to get the shade you desire. If you think you can't make the charms you want, maybe a friend or collegiate could help you. I'd suggest having a picture of the item you desire to make handy, so you can do your best to make your charm resemble it. After a few tries you will get your desired charm, save a bunch of money & have something handmade that your flower girl will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment